Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spring in the air.



I couldn't help myself! After yesterdays post and copying the links I had to go out and buy some crafting supplies today. I invested in an eight peg french knitting doll and some enamel paint. However, I haven't a clue as to how to even start with the enamel and I still haven't the patience to do anything large on the french knitter. I have had a little go of it with 34 gauge beading wire and got quite a nice flower effect that I'm going to transform into a brooch. Stay tuned and I'll post photo's as this knitting jewellery thing develops.
This morning I was able to use the gorgeous early spring sunshine to take a few photo's of the earrings I made at the weekend. They're grey seed pearls and AB crystalSwarovski crystals. I really loved the way they sparkled whilst they were hanging in the sun. I have been having a bit of a time with them as the ends are to be coated with a droplet of something to stop the beads slipping off, so far I have used UHU adjustable stuff which was a bit of a pain but now I have purchased some enamel paint which will be an even bigger pain but well worth the effort!
I thought it would be nice to revisit some of my old favourite blogs to have a look at what they've been up to recently, little did I imagine that I'd find this gem. Two girls getting crafty is right up my street. I shall be popping in here from time to time to see what they have to keep me out of trouble. I'm really loving the toothbrush bracelet and the paper wreath and they were only the first two things I looked at!

Now spring is definitely in the post I'm looking forward to: bare legs, having a tan, not wearing a coat and going to the park every day.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog showed up as sending traffic over--and now I see your sweet mention of our blog!

    Thanks for the plug! And keep up the good work... Knitting is next on out list of crafts tackle head-on, so we need some inspiration! ; )

    ReplyDelete