Thursday, March 3, 2011

Earrings and necklaces.



My sister got me a lovely book for Christmas called Modern Top Down Knitting by Kristina McGowan which has some fabulous patterns in it. Today I attempted the knitted balls for the bracelet but using gold coloured beading wire instead of coated 24k gold. I gave up after just four balls and have made a pair of earrings. They look beautiful and it would be awesome to be able to make them in the precious metals.
Doing the wire knitting today got my creative juices flowing and I've made some wire components for brooches. I haven't compiled the brooches yet and would like to find a beautiful way of applying fastenings to finish them. Once they're done I'll post the pics. I've also started to make an ethnic inspired necklace out of an old t-shirt, embroidery thread and beading wire. SO far it looks stunning but I'm also going to add some shiny dangles to make it pop a bit.

Newcastle Fashion week will be upon us in May and I'm hopefully getting a couple of arty events together to showcase how fun and crafty the great people of Newcastle are. If you have any bits of knitting that haven't become anything or if you're up for a bit letter knitting then drop me a line. I shall be putting them together to do a guerrilla knitting piece outside of Settle Down Cafe during the Fashion week. I will also try making a giant papier mache necklace to leave lying around the place during these events. If you have any ideas or would like to lend some hands then I'd be very grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment