Thursday, October 25, 2012

Christmas is coming! Decorate pt1

I love to make felt christmas ornaments. They are so easy to make yet so effective. I usually use my cookie cutters to get the shapes I need, which are usually gingerbread people, stars and christmas trees. I use an array of felt colours, but usually use red, green and brown the most.
I think for this year I'll be making some red stars with white nordic style snowflakes stitched onto them, ginger bread men with french knot buttons and eyes, and some round baubles in pale blue and pink with geometric patterns around the middles.
Everytime I've had these at a winter sale they have flown off the stall and I've wished I'd made more. And you don't have to stop at christmas themes, I've also had great success with sequined fish and pac man characters! Here is a link to a page of felty inspiration, http://www.shelterness.com/50-diy-felt-christmas-tree-ornaments/

No comments:

Post a Comment